Sweet Almond Cuticle Oil
Sweet Almond Cuticle Oil is a repair treatment that hydrates and heals dry and damaged cuticles.
Inspiration: This product is made of sweet almond oil, sunflower seed oil, argan oil, horse chestnut see extract and Vitamins A & E.
Application: With the brush, apply the oil over the cuticles area (skin around the nail) and massage in for a few minutes with the other hand. Repeat the application every day, until cuticles are repaired.
When creating our own nail polish formula, we have taken the recipe of traditional polishes we could find in stores, we've identified and removed 10 toxic and harmful ingredients (related to cancer, skin irritation and breathing troubles) and we've replaced them by harmless alternatives.
1. Formula FREE of Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP): Being exposed to this toxic ingredient can lead to decreased fertility, reduction of fetal weight, increased kidney mass and embryo malformations in pregnant women.
2. Formula FREE of Formaldehyde: Breathing vapors of this toxic ingredient can cause breathing problems and trigger asthma attacks, in addition of being carcinogenic.
3. Formula FREE of Toluene: Exposure to this toxic ingredient (which has a smell reminiscent of paint thinner) can cause irritation to the eyes, skin and respiratory system. Inhaling a large amount of this ingredient may be harmful to the nervous system and may cause dizziness and nausea.
4. Formula FREE of Formaldehyde Resin: This ingredient is a derivative of Formaldehyde which is an allergen and is often linked to nasopharyngeal cancer (upper part of the pharynx (throat) behind the nose).
5. Formula FREE of Camphor: When used in large doses, this ingredient can cause seizures and disorientation. In the cosmetic industry, this ingredient is known to dry, yellow and damage nails.
6. Formula FREE of Triphenyl Phosphate (TPHP): This ingredient is known to be an endocrine disruptor that affects hormones. Specifically, it can potentially affect reproductive health and lipid metabolism.
7. Formula FREE of Xylene: Breathing vapors from this ingredient can affect the central nervous system and can cause headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, excitement, termors, nausea and even vomiting.
8. Formula FREE of Ethyl Tosylamide: This ingredient is famously known for causing mild to severe allergic reactions and irritations bringing redness and discomfort to the skin.
9. Formula FREE of Parabens: This ingredient can penetrate the skin and act like weak estrogen in the body, potentially turning on the growth of hormone-receptor-positive leading to development of breast cancer.
10. Formula FREE of Phthalates: This chemical ingredient is endocrine disruptor (hormones), toxic to reproduction and which can damage the liver, kidneys and lungs.
BZ Lady is proud to offer a nail polish formulation that is free of these 10 toxic ingredients because beautiful nails should never damage your health.
Ingredients: Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Silica, Isopropyl Alcohol, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, N-Butyl Alcohol, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1.
Caution: Do not use if you are allergic to sweet almonds or its derivatives.
Our nail polishes do not contain animal products and are not tested on animals.
The formula of this top coat has been developed in Quebec (Canada) and has been bottled in the USA.